View Single Post
Old 01.27.2008, 02:47 PM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
this reminds me so much of home when I was a little kid, my parents had a whole orange 70s thing happening which I think they chose from before my big sister was born and kept it like that for ages. I'm sure it must have been very funky at the time and has come back into fashion since then but I have an aversion to anything 70s cause of having to wake up to bright orange and red in every imageinable synthetic material every morning..arghh!

So yeah if I hadn't been scared off by that I might have been into futuristic furniture more in terms of actually living with it, but on a day to day basis I like my living room to be kinda rustic and natural. I'll have a look to see if I can find some photos of my living room, one thing I'd like to add to it is to have more bookcases, I like to have heaps of books around and more art up too when I can afford to frame more things.

ha ha ha orry to hear. my parents had conventional furniture while i was growing up. so and i love orange! i used to have a huge orange wall in my dc apartment a couple of years ago. the rustic look i like for the countryside and actually we have a little hovel in the mountains where we lived for a while... i wouldn't mind putting furniture made of logs in that one (it gets filthy easily anyway, ha).

but for the city i need bright colors i guess. oh i hate pastels. i hate pastels to death. and earth tones, while pleasant in general, leave me cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
true, but keep in mind that, if it's frilly and draped over the back of a chair, or has anything to do with candles or teapots, or it's puffy or has stripes or is even vaguely "traditional" looking... my ex-wife put it there. in my apartment now i have tile floor and no sofa... partly because my living room has to doublle as a working studio space.

ha ha i didn't wanna point out the discrepancy between your photos & your dream homes. that explains the divorce. congratulations.

but anyway, still, life has a lot more junk than magazine photos. my point is design has to be realistic not "ideal". it's like... making a shirt with no arm holes. not sure i'm clear. i'm hungry and i just woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
chicks are galore. savage canes it

i guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
if it comes with the chick and the books, i'm putting it on my credit card tonight. i'll pay it off after i get a job...

anyway - in the price range your looking at:

KARLSTAD Sofa and chaise lounge from IKEA

KARLSTAD 2 chaise lounges and loveseat from IKEA

KRAMFORS Left loveseat unit from IKEA +

KRAMFORS Right-hand chaise from IKEA

yeah ive considered ikea and in fact own some of their stuff but over the years i've tired of it-- while their most expensive stuff looks pretty well built for the money, their lower cost items are flimsy and degrade fast.

anyway that red one on the top i like in pictures, but i know the legs are going to be this light wood etc. i know. i have an ikea leather couch that, while i like, i'm tired of it, it has a fallen "leg" from a couple of moves, i don't know.

OH AND i really don't want leather this time because (this is funny) i have some vegetarian friends and will likely have new ones and i've notice they cringe a little when they have to sit on the leather couch-- since the l.r. is the "social " room i want everybody to be comfortable. ha ha ha it is true.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|