Thread: LULU
View Single Post
Old 11.07.2011, 03:59 AM   #54
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently you've not paid much attention to the bollocks I've spouted on here over the years. I find lyrics to mostly be bad, which is one of the reasons I like (some) Reed. I tend to focus on music more, but that's a bit pointless in the case of a band like Metallica - they don't do a great deal that's formally complex. It's mostly uppy downy diatonic stuff, from what I've gathered (and I'm not interested in listening to anything to prove me wrong).

In this case, the lyrics are very good, which puts the whole album in a different light.

It's not a question of other people finding it repulsive - that would be contrarianism - it's a question that Lulu is aesthetically quite jarring and awkward (which is a different sort of contingency).

The hierarchy is entirely your perception. Just call everyone a cunt. Go on, it'll be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|