View Single Post
Old 01.28.2011, 10:45 AM   #13927
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
my wife and I were talking about how Children Of The Corn is like 2 movies, depending on yr age. Meaning, there's 2 horrors. Children are forced to identify with the children who are being forced into killing. But when yr an adult it feels scary because yr forced to identify with the adults.

Great point! I'd not thought of it like that but you're dead on. I saw it when it came out so would've been about 13 and absolutely identified with the kids, and remember being pretty scared by the whole thing. Watching it again, now, I suppose my empathy did switch from the kids to the two adults but overall the film seemed far less effective from and adult point of view.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|