View Single Post
Old 09.06.2007, 05:37 PM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i read that article...i was surprised she was a groupie/bimbo, she doesn't look that...exagerated, i guess, at least from that perspective.

most songs are amazing, my own summer is very korn-esque but it still it's own shit, i still get excited if i'm out somewhere and they play it over the p.a., headup is basically a roots/soulfly song with the deftones guesting.

i love how the guitars are very metallic (as in traditional metal) but still very effected to mood and atmosphere, the bass is very reggae/dub, without being cliché. but the best musician in the band is probably the drummer, seemless yet complex motherfucker.

and then there's chino, i love him in around the fur, i love the rhythmic whispers he does, i love his screaming, and i love it when he sings something melodic but forceful. after around the fur, he pretty much broke the band for me, because he started to sing more laid back to the point as seeming to be too lazy to sing, without conveying any emotion, if he applied the same anger and contrast on the songs of white pony and beyond, they would be so much better.

adreanline is good too, but not as good as around the fur, i remember sitting down to learn the riff to "root", i wanted to play that motherfucker, as i said on another thread, i heard "bored" thru the p.a. at the explosions in the sky show last saturday and it was awesome...i should give it another listen soon.

i saw them on the white pony tour and they were amazing, chino sang the first four songs from the crowd, he lost both shoes. they closed with "7 words" and just before the "squeal like a pig..." part, launched into weezer's "say it ain't so" it was great.

i once pulled a dark side of the moon/wizard of oz with this album and the movie disturbing behavior, it fucking matched, both sound and lyrics.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|