View Single Post
Old 08.26.2013, 05:50 PM   #17341
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't get the Ben Affleck hate at all. Not saying he's great or anything but he's been pretty decent in most everything I've seen him in. Casey's better though.

Ben Affleck is sort of like a more slacker and less sex appeal Matthew McConaughey because he comes across too much like David Schwimmer for anybody to take him too seriously. Like McConaughey, he's not particularly good at anything he's been in, but he didn't totally kill it either. He is the definition of medium then, so I agree, except that his advantage is he's been casted mostly in "Ben Affleck" kind of roles, of which Batman most certainly is not. Shit, even Mat Damon after all those Bourne Neverending Story repeats would surely make the more convincing Batman. Affleck doesn't have enough swag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha. So you reckon he was more badass after the 70s?!? You're that guy who thinks the Dukes of Hazzard movie was better than the TV series, I know you are!

Dude, the movie is the only thing that managed to suck worse than that show!! I watched neither. I think that Jack Nicholson didn't perfect his characters until he developed that Bill Clinton swagger, he was a bit too Gene Wilder campy in his early roles I think. I just like that dickhead Jack better. Like Chinatown* (the one good pre-1980s film I think), The Shining*, Ironweed, Batman*, The Two Jakes, A Few Good Men*, Hoffa*, The Crossing Guard, The Pledge*, The Departed*, even Anger Management and About Schmidt!! The *starred films alone are all-time great roles, and he has several? Just mostly after 1980..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|