View Single Post
Old 12.16.2006, 03:57 PM   #44
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
ha, wow, have to agree with diesel here . . . this whole thread screams "i am too insecure to like what i like and dislike what i dislike when other people might disagree and hurt my oh-so-precious reputation." any kind of pressure to like certain things amounts to mass conformity in the name of nonconformity . . . oh wait, but then the whole "indie" movement amounts to mass conformity in the name of nonconformity. silly me.

that said, i have the following "unconventional" tastes, whatever the hell that means:

--i'll third the whole pixies thing. same goes for pavement, modest mouse, and just about anything else in that vein.

--i like gregorian chant, even though i'm atheist.

--i still like nirvana, but less and less as i get older.

--adding in noise to strategic places in songs adds a nice artistic flair. making full albums of nothing but noise is a waste of time.

--while i enjoy both classical and popular music, classical music is a much higher art form.

--SY need to steer away from the recent "pop" trend.

--listening to people you don't honestly enjoy purely for the sake of some social benefit is laughable. same goes for throwing out obscure names for no reason whatsoever.

--with one or two exceptions, the beatles never excited me that much.

...you can excoriate me now. i invite your vitriol.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|