View Single Post
Old 06.14.2009, 07:20 AM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
This thread on a Sonic Youth forum. I think it's safe to suppose that they have an anti-corporate value to popular music to which Disney groups stand in contrast. I also believe it would be safe to assume that they have also criticized corporate-sponsored pop music in the past, as well.

All I am saying is that the Disney trend is distinctly more corporate from pop music of the past and such a backlash isn't surprising.

2 things, and they're points I've made time and again here, so I won't go into any detail.

1. Authenticity is, was, and ever shall be bullshit. Music is an ARTFORM. Pearl Jam are SHIT. They can play their instruments, and they sing about their REAL LIFE but they are SHIT.

2. Any negative criticism of the marketing model of a band made by a fan of Sonic Youth is inherently dubious. Ashtray Navigations use marketing, they just don't have the clout of Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|