View Single Post
Old 07.08.2014, 09:12 PM   #5268
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Still shocked by the game. Germany were superb but the story is obviously Brazil's utter collapse. In a way, Neymar and Silva are lucky they weren't involved. I don't honestly think their inclusion would've made a huge difference to the result and at least they're not contaminated by what happened. That one game has been a disaster for someone like Luiz - the most expensive defender in the history of the game, let us not forget.

But take nothing away from Germany. They were as awesome as Brazil were awful.

maybe i'm bananas but here's a theeery (trying to sound like trainspotting here)

the fact that neymar wasn't there made brazil's attack completely ineffectual. hence, in order to score, their fullbacks had to push all the way up all the time.

same thing with oscar who had to sort of supplant neymar, pushed up.

this collective pour forward got their midfield and defense in disarray--this from the start, before even trying to equalize.

and while dante is a capable defender, though not a star, it seems like silva's role was also to run his defense like buffon does with his (holler, command, etc). e.g, putting the reins on david luiz so he doesn't get lost upfront or gets possessed by the holy spirit. i don't see julio césar doing that, as he's too busy being frightened. and did you see marcelo all over the fucking place? huge lack of leadership on defense.

so this is how during that unreal half an hour i think they got *completely* disorganized. because germany was bound to win if it was to be a fair game, just not so atrociously easily. it was like they were playing saudi arabia or something. one of the commentators said that it was like they left the children (you know the ones who come in for the anthems) in their place.

felipăo fucked up big. but then again he didn't really had a winning squad so i think that forced his hand. kaká is not what he used to be but maybe he would have provided alternatives to that shit offense. do they really have no better keepers than julio césar? he was so fucking slow. robinho? etc.

they had good defenders though, but a poor defense, paradoxically-- he probably should have fortified that and build up from there, instead of around neymar or neymar's void, but as the gringos say hindsight is 20/20. i don't know what was going through his head but if anything brazil got what it deserved-- because they didn't deserve to be here after how they ruined colombia.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|