View Single Post
Old 06.01.2016, 12:20 PM   #1891
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
It was great actually, thanks for asking. I posted a short thing about it in the "Last gig you went to" thread the morning after.

I have seen them several times since '98, and seriously, they still continue to impress me (except for a period there after White Pony when Chino was getting a little too fucked up). The atmospheric stuff comes off soooo good live, and the heavy still hits hard as a truck. I've always thought they were one of those bands that people easily write off coming from the era of stale nu-metal, but Chino seriously is one of the most overlooked front-men of the past several decades in my opinion, and there really is some creative musicianship going on as well. I just really dig them and always will go see them when they come around.

Edit: This was also by far the best light show I have seen them with. Nothing major, but it added nicely to the show.
Im surprised frankly last year when i saw them i was slightly disappointed it wasn't as good as several years back. Chino side projects have had the better stage shows in recent years. Crosses was insane in 2013 and Palms in 2014 was also really really good

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|