View Single Post
Old 10.24.2006, 07:10 AM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
"Right now, there's this really interesting kind of thing going on where there's all these new bands that either deal with real sort of extreme noise music or inward kind of folk music," Moore says.
"Both these scenes are connected: they play together, they accept each other ... they're on the same page.
"In Australia, J Mascis [formerly of alt-rock deities Dinosaur Jr] is doing all the shows with us, but on the third slot we reached out to a lot of people in Australia that we wanted to play that sort of reflected that."
Well, not quite Australia, but close enough: guitarist Ranaldo hand-picked New Zealand rockers Cassette to play that third slot.
"It's pretty exciting for me, y'know, 'cause I like it all," Moore says of such support acts. "And I get involved with it quite a bit because it's a real community - I play with these people."
Those aspiring musicians who missed out on the support slot this time can at least take solace, for now, in Sonic Nurse. Which reminds me: was the album thus titled so Moore could play dress-ups like in the photo?
"No," he chuckles. "It was based on using Richard Prince's artwork for the record cover. He did a series of paintings all 'something' nurse: Washington Nurse, New England Nurse, Secret Nurse. So we said, 'Sonic Nurse'.
"But it also worked out fine because I was able to wear a nurse's mask in those photos. So, y'know, everything was groovy."
I guess Moore has just ruled out any chance of a "Timberlake Youth" project.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|