View Single Post
Old 05.09.2016, 02:43 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you were teaching full time. I know grad school is expensive as all hell. I don't know how you're covering it with just subbing, but if you've been able to do so thus far, that's impressive. Good for you.

I subbed for a while this year (again) while I was looking for work, after spending the summer renovating a house. The pay was insulting. I made more as a TA in grad school (you know, before I screwed that up). Charter schools are popping up all over, and the public school system is just scraping by, while its teachers go years and years without raises. I'm very lucky to have found the job I now have. Kicks my ass but it pays the bills.

No disrespect intended.
I didn't feel disrespected at all. I picked up a long term position for final quarter so at least getting some extra money but got to pay past bills before radiohead. Hoping to pick up full time position next September. I was previously worked on emergency cred so i went back to university getting my full cred in three weeks.

As to how i pulled off paying for this shit? Our good Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|