View Single Post
Old 03.07.2011, 04:37 PM   #29
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
How is changing the volume compression? Just wondering...

This is for everyone Derek not just you.

Changing the volume isn't compression and not a single sentence like that was used.

To level the volumes of all tracks compression has to be used to control transient peaks so nothing passes above a certain threshold. This threshhold is generally -1db. This kind of compression does not mean brick wall limiting to make the whole thing louder.

It appears that 99.5% of the people on here think mastering is just brickwall limiting. This is quite simply not the case. There has been such debate about it on here and everyone knows exactly what they are talking about and everyone is an expert, so I doubt this compilation will sound any good except for the few people who know how to record their shit.

I was up for doing the mastering but now I simply couldn't give a fuck at all. Don't care if it sounds shithouse or not.

Whomever is putting it together can just put it through Toast and level the volumes that way. Which by the way is a compression algorithm.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|