View Single Post
Old 03.26.2018, 09:11 AM   #1987
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I asked my wife about Nurse Jackie and she said the first 4 seasons were excellent but that the next ones were used to show how it really is like to be in relationship, familial or otherwise, with users/addicts/liars etc, how everything keeps repeating, getting better, acting all high and ighty, then crashing again, drugging again, lying and stealing again.

I have gone through that with several people in my life, some I have had to cut off totally, some I have maintained closeness to, but that does sound about right.....
yeah, she’s incurable ha ha ha. me i haven’t had a ton of contact with that side of life, because i’m more of a cutter offer, ha ha, but i see truths in there yeah.

my problem was not with the texture of the everyday, but with the dramatic structure of the whole thing.

like walter white, jackie is both an addict AND supercompetent (w.w. didnt take drugs, he was hooked on power). and both used their competence to fuel and enable their addiction. and they were also trying to “do good” and ended up destroying the things they cared about—

but where breaking bad had a tense dramatic arc that lasted 5 years, jackie sort of went... nowhere. it’s like the writers were afraid to go to certain places. i guess they wanted to keep it “light” but that ruined it for me because it made the story false. not that it had to be carbon copy of its predecessor, but it just didn’t go where it should have gone. it simply stopped.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|