View Single Post
Old 04.18.2016, 12:47 PM   #4218
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
To Have and Have Not - Ernest Hemingway. This was a very good read, and having also recently read Portrait of an Artist by James Joyce I found some similarities, just in that the language would be very simple dialogue and then suddenly the chapter plunges in dense stream of consciousness. Also read A Moveable Feast, esp enjoyed the Fitzgerald chapters, sounds like Nancy Spungeon was a reincarnated Zelda Fitzgerald, but everyone was too polite back then to say anything. I can't quite put my finger on it but the writing has a cubist feel to it - like Hemingway keeps showing the subject from so many different angles at once.

Currently reading A Farewell to Arms. I always avoided Hemingway but certainly he should be read alongside Conrad and London and Orwell.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|