View Single Post
Old 10.31.2014, 12:08 PM   #1311
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
new Rick Ross song off his upcoming album Hood Billionaire, produced by Timbaland: https://soundcloud.com/rickyrozaymmg...e-if-they-knew

dope as hell. The Bawse skated over that beat.

Wow, I'm surprised he's already hitting us with another LP.

Lotta that's been going on lately, though. I mean: Iggy Azalea's already got a new album, finished and ready to drop. It's only been 7 months since The New Classic dipped, and I think "Fancy" is STILL on the hot 100.

And yeah- Ro$$ (not sure why I always spell his name with dollar signs, but whatever) is had topping another album.
Ought (not rap; Constellation records post-Rocky/math-rocky band who already released one of the year's best indie records) has a new album out....

Oh, and Homeboy Sandman! That ninja pumps shit out like WHAT. Two full length LP's between March and August!! Both really good, btw.

I'm always happy to see 1960's record-output speeds in action again.
Growing up in the '90s and liking artists like Wu-Tang Clan, Nine Inch Nails, Tool (until about '01 at least), and other perennial procrastinators (MBV, Breeders, Modest Mouse, etc, ) who often took so much time between releases that it often felt like they'd broken up was just irritating. I can't help but appreciate it when:

a.) bands make up for that kind of "I'm the new Brian Wilson & my ART speaks through me and it takes years of knob-twisting to perfect.. In other words I am really pretentious, clinically narcissistic, and the polar opposite of punk!" bullshit by spitting out albums at a whiplash inducing pace during a later phase of their career. (As Trent Reznor did during NIN's 2004-2009 period, which yielded the most consistent music of his career)

OR

b.) when new artists show their passion for music making and for their fans by making music and releasing it like it's a job or something (which it is, of course, and if a band isn't making music or touring then they're basically on welfare, and as such they should be required to actively seek work and report to the gov't regularly.

In short, I dig it when the artists I like make music
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|