View Single Post
Old 08.13.2019, 12:15 PM   #24246
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know where you live so I don't know if you have arthouse theaters accessible to you. I believe if you keep up with what's coming out, watch trailers for movies online and such, you'll find that the mature films you seek are out there. I'm not sure its fair to compare today's fair in mature movies to movies of the 70's necessarily. I would argue much of A24's output are just the kind of movies you're talking about. Movies that take chances and aren't just trying to make "popcorn"(for lack of a better word)movies. This year alone I've seen "Climax" and "Midsommar" which you can't say were movies made for immature audiences. Far from it. There's a movie out right now called The Nightingale which sounds interesting. Of course a Climax or The Nightingale isn't going to get the same media coverage as a Marvel movie or a Fast and the Furious movie. But the internet allows you to see the trailers for these movies and at least be aware that they exist, so even if you miss the often way too small window that these movies play in, there is always catching it on iTunes or some other platform.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|