View Single Post
Old 04.06.2014, 02:01 PM   #382
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Here is my top 5

1) Nate Dogg: Yeah, this dude DEFINED west coast rap choruses in the 1990s, and he was EVERYBODY's album, and especially their singles. If Tupac hadn't have died K-Cee and JoJo would have rivaled him but it is what it is and Nate Dogg holds the crown.

2) B-Legit: He actually has several solo records, but you wouldn't know it because all his best shit is rapping alongside e-40. And to be sure, e-40 would NOT be the same without him either. If e-40 hadn't be so damned prolific on his own, I'd dare see that HE'D be on this list. He otherwise fits the description, having initially made a career with feature verses on just about EVERY rapper out there, BUT he also made dozens of solo records which also showcased b-list rappers.. Indeed, this makes e-40 perhaps one of the most unique rappers in history having simultaneously been a big name rapper in his own right and yet perfectly being a b-list accessory rapper. He is a genre unto himself.

3) Big Syke: This dude WAS the Tupac/Deathrow sound. He had the cadence and delivery as well a voice dripping with pure swagger. Dude just sounded like Death Row.

4)Phife Dawg: This dude was always my favorite part of Tribe Called Quest but I doubt he could carry a group. Really, we all know Tip was the heart and soul of Tribe music.

5)Redman: I said it. I LOVE redman. I especially dig the Funk Doc era.. But lets be honest. This dude just didn't take his raps seriously enough to be a solo rapper. He NEEDS a collaboration to really pull it off. Its like he feeds off other rappers.. for example, I DON'T like Method Man, yet, when he combines with Redman they both get better.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|