View Single Post
Old 09.22.2019, 08:44 AM   #302
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
Heroes cornballs, first track is like jesus forgive me I'm a thot?

I skipped around through several tracks. I just heard 90s style hip hop. I didn't hear any sound collages.

I honestly think there’s a misunderstanding here somewhere.
There are only fleeting rap flows on the album, and few that last more than a few seconds. It’s all over the place. I think one of the last things I would associate it with is ‘90s hip-hop — like, Wu-Tang? Tupac? Tribe? — because none of it sounds anything like that to me.

It’s a bit like Death Grips meets Aphex Twin’s compositional habits circa “Ventolin” remixes, with a little R&B and boyband-type shit tossed in at random intervals and an awful lot of just disparate sounds chucked in here and there.

I mean honestly it’s an interesting listen. This is a guy who named a song after voting for Donald Trump after all, and he’s a massive troll, but sonically it’s pure insanity. The fact that it’s immensely popular is ... either incredible or suspect, I can’t quite decide which.

Veteran is more straight forward, and better as an album, but even that record sounds nothing like ‘90s hip-hop to me. *shrug*
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|