View Single Post
Old 06.13.2007, 05:11 PM   #13
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
ok i have the 3 editions that are being asked about for comparison (1. Blast First/Enigma original cd 2. DGC reissue 1995 3. Deluxe Edition)

the Blast First original cd is the most quiet mostly because of the production and mastering of cds at that time, in the late 80's the cds were made were less loud and the fidelity is not as good as the standards of today.

the DGC reissue is louder and to my ears thats about it, its supposedly a remaster? (i dunno) but other than louder its not any clearer as a matter of fact when i played it in my stereo system (though not great but its very good) it has abit less clarity however it has slightly more bass presence which may impact on the sound.

the deluxe edition is indeed LOUD and meets the volume level of compact disc releases of today (as an experiment try playing cds produced today vs. 10 years ago vs. 15 or 20 years ago... there is a difference) plus its quite clean w/ a alot more clarity on the guitars, the vocals i always thought were good on this album so i don't hear much impact in that regard. the bass is more pronounced but doesn't impact clarity... plus they've broken down the "Trilogy" into three seperate tracks (a. wonder, b. hyperstation, z. eliminator jr.) which is a nice thing if you say want to make a mix or are DJing and only want to play a specific segment of it!

the eric's trip demo: although interesting the sound quality is a miss and seems abit awkward as an inclusion to Disc 1 (the complete album) personally i would've prefered "Su Nioj" an outtake from the Daydream Sessions but since that track is pretty weird and off the cuff and just what i call a "laugh jam" thats probably why it doesn't appear here.

Disc 2 is great most of the live tracks here sound quite good and are decent for the time, maybe the fidelity of kissability is obviously not as good as most of the others, as ther are some great and interesting takes of these songs, also providence is barely audible due to crowd noise but what do you expect. the B-sides to me are interesting but not exactly essential though they are very well done...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|