View Single Post
Old 07.05.2019, 05:24 PM   #6866
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yeah I was confused in the debate when everyone kept saying "we need to boost the middle class" and I was like wtf haven't the middle class been boosted ENOUGH? I took it just to mean anyone who lives in a remotely suburb area but who the hell knows
by working class they just mean everyone with a steady job/not financially independent.

classism exists everywhere, and those at the bottom want to move up, so the working class stopped considering itself “working class” long ago. maybe with the decline of unions/after the 70s/during reagan, when it became okay to make fun of janitors and fast food workers, the working class decided to join the middle, at least in name.

so the secretary became the administrative assistant and the garbage collector became a sanitation engineer or whatever, the soda jerk became a barista, the bartender a mixologist, etc. and everyone spends aspirationally, i.e., they use money they don’t have, to buy things they don’t need, to impress people they don’t like.

and yeah a corporate lawyer making half a million bucks a year is also “middle class” lololol. just “upper” middle class.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|