View Single Post
Old 07.23.2010, 09:55 AM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
how does this "fantasy" thing work?

you get points for what? how does one win?

is there money at stake? how much?

and is it a lot of work?

The League will be 12 teams

each week of the IFFL "season" (weeks 1-13 of the NFL season) you will have a head-to-head matchup against another team.
You set your starting rosters before the games begin. So once a week you need to chekc on Friday or Saturday and set your starters.

Points are awarded for offense players
Touchdowns - 6 pts (whether thrown, run, or caught)
yardage also gives running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends points
20 yrds = 1 pt

for QB's the yardage is a little different.
30 yards = 1 pt
(there are fractional points awarded, so if your RB runs for 30 yards he gets 1.5 points.)

For defensive players, and the team defense, they get points for this stuff.
interceptions, fumbles forced, fumbles recovered = 2 pts
sacks = 1 pt
blocked kick = 2 pts
pass defended = 1 pt
tackles = .5 pt

There are negative points as well.
If a QB takes a sack that = -1 pt
fumbling = -2 pts

The Yahoo computer calculates all this stuff, and they provide a free live stattracker that is great to run while games are on, showing you your team's live scoring.

at the end of the Monday Night Football game, your team and your opposing team's points are calculated and whoever has the most points wins.

The top 8 teams in wins make the playoffs. The playoffs take place during the NFL's weeks 14, 15, 16.