View Single Post
Old 06.30.2010, 04:18 PM   #138
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i'm curious...

i just built my own "poor man's" jazzblaster bought a fully loaded warmoth/all-parts body and electronics on ebay. it had epiphone P90 p-ups and i tossed those out (they were way too noisy, even with all the body cavity shielding it was worse than strat single coils!) put on seymour duncan humbuckers (stock ones from my squier jagmaster), i had a brand new 22 fret squire stratocaster neck that was just laying around for years and finally found a use for! it sounds ok, has just abit too much harmonics bleeding around because of those hi-gain humbuckers... its gonna need some serious setup action is its currently sorta high as i think i need to shim the neck (something i wanted to avoid entirely) as i got abit too much string buzz on the mustang bridge as the the string angle behind the bridge is not "steep" enough to counter the bridge buzz... spent alot of time setting it up already, jazzmasters are notorious for being a PAIN to setup and intonate...i did buy one of those "buzz stops" (s. malkmus has one on his jazzmaster) that go onto the tremolo system, but i'm avoiding putting that one on too because i hear it really changes the sound of the jazzmaster (losing the natural harmonics created behind the bridge) but it does rid the bridge buzz and adds sustain suposedly. i don't want to spend alot more money on this guitar and trying to get it so i can play something i can live with and i'm getting close, so getting a mastery bridge is outta the question... the one thing i'm willing to get at some point are replacement wide range humbuckers once the setup is good enough.

goto the Offset Guitars Forum... alot of good info to be had there...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|