View Single Post
Old 08.21.2010, 05:12 PM   #55
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
wow your right peace will break out there soon of its own accord.

no, it won't. but at least we will not be directly contributing as much to the violence, and every small victory counts when it saves even a single human life. never lose sight of that my friend, even a single human life is worth monumental tasks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Many people are still suffering because of that shit.

amen. (literaly, I agree deeply and intuitively from my heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
As the one who first brought up the point of American corruption, the thing that differs is those other countries you're talking about are corrupt regimes that are in charge and known to all.
American corruption is hidden and runs through all walks of life from politics, to business, to the justice system and law enforcement.

But doesn't keeping it a secret make it that much more dangerous and insidious (by definition)? I mean look at California for example..

Right now 150,000 state workers, all the essential public service workers who maintain our communities are taking 15-30% pay cuts, meanwhile the State is pushing for a $300 million death row facility at San Quentin, because of the immense power of the prison guards unions and the whole prison/law enforcement industry (all of which is deeply and frighteningly corrupt) and the budget that Governor (who actually has been a pretty decent in many respects, very surprisingly) is pushing entirely cuts out State welfare benefits for over a million and half women and children? What the fuck? The people don't even KNOW what is going on behind those closed doors, and yet it directly affects them as they lose their essential wages and the poor lose their critical life-lines..

Or look at this Bell controversy which I am sure has gotten national attention. This is a shitty, gang infested, poverty stricken ghetto in the heart of the the Eastside.. when I was growing up we were poor, and we went over to Bell to go the grocery store, and on extremely luxurious occasions that was where the only Toys R Us was

While the city neglects the essential public services like education, parks and recreation to give kids a positive alternative to gang violence which would also provide local employment and community development, any number of possible intervention programs from city hall for the crippling levels of gang violence and indemic poverty, instead in a single year a handful of corrupt local politicians collected almost $8 million dollars in compensation, vacation packages and undisclosed and illegal personal loans? That money could have easily made BIG waves in the community to tackle serious, day-to-day problems, and yet it just lined the pockets of less than 10 people.... fuck! that shit exasperates me, especially when people try to pretend and even scoff at the negative impact of corruption here in the US..

The reason we have insane problems like poverty, homelessness and gang violence is because the corrupt businesses and politicians and government agencies all WASTE billions of dollars that could have been better spent directly in the communities that need it...

but fuck that, 70,000 troops left Iraq this week. We are that much closer to at least ending a horrifying disaster which we both started and continued across the world in the name of various corrupt military contracts, corrupt hawkish politicians, and corrupt Iraqis looking to make a quick buck with a bunch of corrupt Americans and British...

Jah! I am so happy... 70,000 down.. 50,000 in Iraq to go, but at least we are on the right track for the first time in how many years?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|