View Single Post
Old 08.21.2010, 04:37 PM   #53
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
that is a very defeatists attitude.. by the way, with the amount of violence and poverty in the industrialized world, can we really claim anything like peace in our own homes?

umm, I do believe the British were involved in Iraq for at least 6 of the past 7 and half years...

I beg to differ, there were more explosives dropped on East Asia then all of Europe in WWI and WWII combined, and yet it didn't "kick Nam's ass", hundreds of people a year are still maimed and killed by unexploded ordinances..

we poured out millions and millions of toxic chemicals for years over the landscape, and we still didn't "kick Nam's ass", today these chemicals give cancer and acid trip birth defects to tens of thousands of people..

Foreign troops and billions of dollars were there since the 1940s (when Ho Chi Mihn was an official agent of the pre-CIA OSS) through the 1970s, and we didn't "kick Nam's ass"

I think it is very safe to argue that that was truly an unwinable war for the simple reason that there was nothing to win. 90% or more of the Vietnamese (and probably the same figures in Laos and Cambodia) were against the US. What were we to do, genocide the entire population?

amen.

We had HUNDREDS more times SERIOUS explosive during 'Nam than we did WWII. Technically, we could have blew the whole place up.

It was a sick war, designed at lasting a long time because there was a lot of money to be made. It wasn't a war the powers that be had any real intention on winning. Many people are still suffering because of that shit.