View Single Post
Old 07.10.2008, 12:59 PM   #2305
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I used to like the reviews set-up in the UK film mag "Shock Xpress" - they'd have a review rounnd-up (giving each film a rating of 0-5 from each SX writer), then each SX staffer would have a bunch of films to review themselves. Needless to say, the negative reviews were usually the funniest (Troma films were given regular shoeings, as I recall, but my own favourite was for "Godzilla 1985", where the publisher gave it a thumbs up, whilst the editor said something alone the lines of "20 minutes of inept hilarity, followed by 70 minutes of sheer boredom". Eeh, them were the days...