View Single Post
Old 01.11.2023, 05:46 AM   #1634
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I started baking my own bread, Irish Bread! It's a very simple and quick recipe, you don't have to wait for the dough to rise, you don't have to knead it, you don't need a bread machine, you do need an oven.
All you need is flour, buttermilk, baking soda and salt and mix that together with a spoon.

Here's the recipe I'm using, ran through Google Translate. You might want to google for your own recipe that represents whatever measurement types you're using (I can't read recipes that use Fahrenheit and cups and Oz. How many Australians do you need for one Oz )

I've adapted it a bit, I'm using ~100 grams regular wheat flour, and ~150 grams whole grain flour (it will require a bit more buttermilk). With only the wheat flower it tasted too much like a cake. And instead of the rosemary and salt flakes on top, I'm adding some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the dough.
It's best when you eat it directly after it's baked. But it's still pretty good the next day as well. Haven't tried to freeze it yet.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|