View Single Post
Old 07.12.2010, 04:35 PM   #1051
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey pokkeherrie, nice posts.

if it's any consolation (or the contrary-- not sure anything can work), spain probably owes its victory to johan cruyff & the dutch team from 1974:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/sp...upfeature.html

there was another article, i cant' find it now, where the writer, alluding to this influence in spanish football, said something like "if i want spain to win, it's because i like dutch history so much" (or something of that sort).

Yeah, seen it mentioned a lot. Blabla, Cruyff, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Barcelona managers, yadda yadda... No, that doesn't help at all, sorry!

What does help is that Spain were better and had Holland won it, it would've been incredibly controversial because of their, uhm how to put it nicely, "physical approach". Nobody would've mentioned Italy 2006, Brazil 1994 or Germany 1990 as negative football anymore. Holland winning the 2010 World Cup final would've been the new example of ugly anti-football for decades to come.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|