View Single Post
Old 07.11.2010, 09:19 PM   #1041
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but dude, puyol got a yellow card for his shenanigans. so did capdevilla. watchu talking about willis?

the ref was pretty lenient i think because it was a world cup final-- he dished out more warnings than cards-- sneijder got a couple, robben got one (before his yellow), so did iniesta, in situations that would have deserved a card in a different game or with different players. spain aren't saints, sure, but they only started dishing it out after 20 minutes, fed up from the punishment they were getting (that's when ramos got his card).

it was a fair victory for spain, they won without help from the ref, and i think you're off mark with your criticisms of him. sure, there was a case of "yellow fever", but the cards weren't undeserved. they would have been more, but he kept warning people instead. i thought he did a nice job, considering the match he had in his hands.

i don't want to have a whole debate on the ref here. i think de jong deserved a red and most of the yellows were rightly given.
i do think webb somewhat killed the game at some point, blowing the whistle for everything and even giving free-kicks (to both teams) when the team being fouled on kept the ball in possesion.

a second yellow for puyol? hmmm, robben kept on his feet, so probably not.
i do think iniesta made some awful theatre though. the second yellow for heitinga might have been up for debate, but right after that he clearly dived after no contact to give van der wiel a yellow.

spain didn't start dishing out until after 20 minutes indeed, but they were willing to go down easily before that. holland were getting away with a lot of fouls in the first 30 minutes, but then got quite a few soft calls for nothing against them in the second half.

but holland didn't lose because of the referee. spain were clearly the better team and holland made a lot of fouls to keep up with them.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|