View Single Post
Old 12.30.2011, 02:51 AM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I've been listening to jazz quite a bit lately. I find it's helpful for work. Long hours recording data or typing... it's soothing and stimulating. Mostly I've been listening to Bill Evans and Thelonious Monk lately. I've always thought of myself as pretty jazz-aware, but I really just listen to the same five or six artists, all of them classics (monk, evana, davis, coltrane, gillespie) and a few others.

If you could recommend me any chill jazz from other artists, I'd appreciate it. No swing or be-bop please. I enjoy it, but it's not what I'm in the mood for. I want mellow, 50'6 and 60's shit. I've done experimental stuff too, and that's just not cohesive to the work environment, so keep it simple please.

Piano and drums are primarily what I'm looking for. Trio's along these lines.

Help is appreciated.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|