View Single Post
Old 08.25.2006, 04:47 PM   #72
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
I'll try to up it tomorrow or sunday. I saved the whole site of the blog as i said before, but the Mammut zip file got deleted. The album description

A German private release from 1971, 'Mammut' is the only album I know of which opens with the sound of a squeaking mouse. Those first few seconds offer the listener a glimpse of the musical creativity inherent within. As a whole, the album combines classical, blues and acid elements resulting in a very unique psychedelic recording. The first track, 'Bird Mammut' is what the original Amon Düül should have sounded like: a cacophony of multi-layered rhythmic percussion which provides the foundation for a repetitive bass line, swirling organ, and erratic flute solos. 'Bird Mammut' segues into the short piano interlude aptly titled 'Classic Mammut'. Following this are the heavy acid-blues tracks 'Mammut Ecstasy' and 'Footmachine Mammut'. Showcasing a heavy dose of John Lord (Deep Purple) influenced hammond organ, 'Mammut Ecstasy' is a groovy number containing heavy guitar breaks. 'Footmachine Mammut' is the more laid back of the two and it has a brooding organ sound more akin to Richard Wright's (Pink Floyd) work. Both tracks are notable for their easy going acid-drenched vocals which are at times reminiscent of Damo Suzuki from Can. 'Schizoid Mammut' again returns the band to the Düül-ish primal tendencies showcased on the first track. 'Schizoid' is a fairly straightforward acid blues jam with demented vocals performed simultaneously by multiple vocalists singing in different keys! The album closes with the thirteen-minute opus 'Mammut Opera'. This track begins with a rather gloomy jazzy-piano and vocals section before turning into a progressive jam culminating with guitar and flute solos. (krautrockgroup.com)
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|