Thread: Reissues Thread
View Single Post
Old 08.03.2012, 10:36 AM   #15
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death

Artists Name: Basho, Robbie Title: The Seal Of The Blue Lotus (180 Gram Vinyl) Format: LP Price: $18.98 (All prices include shipping.) Availability: In Stock Label: 4 MEN WITH BEARDS

Originally released on John Fahey’s Takoma Records in 1965, The Seal of the Blue Lotus is the debut album from American guitar soli legend Robbie Basho. In college Basho immersed himself in the study of Asian art and culture, even changing his last name to that of the Japanese poet Matsuo Basho, and his music shows a much greater Eastern influence than contemporaries like John Fahey and Peter Lang. Basho was particularly entranced by the raga form which is apparent in classics like “Dravidian Sunday” from this album. A guitar soli masterwork reissued here on 180 gram vinyl. Tracks: 1. Seal Of The Blue Lotus 2. Mountain Man's Farewell 3. Dravidian Sunday 4. Bardo Blues 5. Sansara In Sweetness After Sandstorm 6. Black Lotus - Hymn To Fugen
http://www.runtshop.com/cgi-bin/movits.cgi?cmd=displayrec&wdata=1000107140&wfilena me=/home/runt/public_html/databases/ItemsTable.txt&prefile=/home/runt/public_html/stdinc/v0/templates/database/itemdbpage.html&fieldsfile=/home/runt/public_html/stdinc/v0/templates/database/null.html&postfile=/home/runt/public_html/stdinc/v0/templates/database/null.html

I am lucky enough to have an original pressing of this one. So excellent. I never get tired of it.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|