View Single Post
Old 11.04.2012, 01:14 PM   #16403
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

I thought this movie would be an ass kicking cliche, and that I would walk away satisfied, with my brain completely turned off.
Actually, though, it's nothing of the sort. It is heart breaking and far more layered that it appears to be (probably more than it intends to be even).

Liam Nieson's character curses God in one of the most moving and uncannily true to life movie moments in my recent memory. I've never heard anyone call the almighty a "fraudulent mother-fucker" in such a real and relatable way. It made me tear up a bit, actually.

Public and critical opinion unanimously agrees that it's adrenaline fueled rubbish, which reinforces my theory that most people need more exposure to social and religious philosophy, psychodynamic thought, and the basics of symbolism and allegory.

"Yeah right, wolves don't do that! Bad movie cuz not scientifically or zoologically accurate!!!" shut the fuck up, and go give Avatar 5 stars again, shithead.

i went to see tis movie because i wanted to see liam neeson punch a wolf in the face, which NEVER happened. your review is dead on though, the movie was just not what i was expecting. also there were too many scenes that dragged because of emotions that are moronic. an example would when the one dude is dying and it's about a ten minute scene with everyone else crying and being pussies...dude's fuckin' done for! move on goddammit!

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|