View Single Post
Old 06.26.2014, 10:42 AM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I do not agree with the "music is for the young" statement. Most musicians are NOT young, especially in truly musical (in that they require musical skill as well as just desire) forms like Jazz, orchestral, blues, and other such music. The musicians are generally older.

Most Jazz fans have always been older, most classical fans also. It is usually the new waves of acts that attract the young audience looking for something different than what their elders listened to, but since they are young, they really do not understand that the "new" stuff they like is just an extension of the massive amounts of "old" stuff that came before it.

Even pop music behaves this way. Most pop music is done by people over 30, produced by people over 40.