View Single Post
Old 03.08.2007, 10:47 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
im an auditor at a hampton inn. i make almost 20 grand a year (which isnt shit i know, but in this area thats not too bad...my mom raised two kids for a littlw hile off of less than that, and we never needed anything)

ive been working in hotels for going on 8 years...since 10th grade. course i started out as a porter and have worked my way up a bit since then.

within a year im moving to florida. im pretty convinced with my resume ill be able to find a pretty decent job in a rsort sorta environment...or maybe a crusie ship. im not sure yet.

but if i end up flippin burgers...oh well man.

were all gonna die, and none of us will be able to take anything material with us afterwards.

if there is an afterlife, and we can remember out lives here on earth...least ill remember that 1....it sucked...but two...least i did whatever the fuck i wanted.

sorry i didnt answer sooner, got busy.

see if you're makinf ALMOST 20k by yr own declaration, i have to believe your college educated friends are a bunch of wankers because most entry level jobs for people with BAs start into the 20s and up. they are obviously not using their degree to work. which happens.

so you're an auditor-- is that like an accounting job?
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?mine=-1&CiBookMark=1&dv=dv&sfascc=&IPath=OCPGT&sname=&jr did=&lpage=1&job_did=J3G1XH6D6NQV00LDTVB&sc_cmp1=J S_JR_ViewJob&jobcount=3&strcrit=QID%3dA66541934686 13%3bst%3da%3buse%3dALL%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bT ID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3d ALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dAll%3bPAYL%3d0%3bPAYH%3dgt1 20%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3b SUP%3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dsid_unknown% 3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%3bJQT%3dRAD%3bNCC%3d%5e%22Ham pton+Inn+%26+Suites%22%24
i really dont know. front desk?

anyway, you're 23 now, but you know well that the moment you decide to procreate a couple of kids you're going to need more money, and auctioning off your old stooges records is not going to cut it. sure, if you're talented or whatever you can be a successful business person; but if you work for corporate america and want to get into a managerial position, you're going to have to get yourself an education.

my prediction for you is that you're going to realize this sooner or later, and you'll end up enrolling in some kind of online degree program designed for working adults. i suggest you go for it-- it will pay off nicely.

another possibility is that they could get you into some kind of corporate training.

of course if you're happy where you are ny all means enjoy, but as the years pass you might find that you're 30 and there is a 20 year old who wants your job and you got nowhere to go. so i think it's always good to prepare for change and having some sort of degree gives you the flexibility for that.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|