View Single Post
Old 10.08.2015, 10:17 AM   #4152
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

oh, and when you talk about every book published you need to take into account the massive bulk of publishing that is done for things like the ever-changing field of technology. do you need a car maintenance book from the 50s? do you need a tv-installer manual? do you need an A+ certification handbook from the 90s? future archaeologists might be interested, but if you repair tvs or install cable or repair computers today you need only the most recent edition.

OF COURSE people do. Old cars still run, old machines still need fixing. Those documents are ephemera, and just as telling and valuable a historic reference source as any printed book. Plenty of people in developing nations are still using what to us is outdated technology, and will continue to do so.

it is very naive to think that old books are outdated information. Even if they are, they still serve as a storehouse of thought and ideas and technology from back in da day.