Thread: Swans
View Single Post
Old 06.14.2009, 09:43 PM   #62
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
About Mission of Burma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

i listened to both their reunion albums when they came out and though they were boring as hell.

they could still pack a punch live, i don't know, but on record, yach!!

See, I felt the same way about OnOffOn, but The Obliterati was something different. I felt like with the first one they were just trying to come to terms with playing together again and being who they used to be and shit, and it sounded like a digital version of the old days. The Obliterati smokes though, really shredding new songs with production that doesn't feel all big and alternative in all the wrong ways the way 90% of albums by bands who get back together do these days. Mind Burma never did on record what they do live and they'd be the first to say so. I saw The Obliterati tour and it was totally on. Roger looked overjoyed to be playing in the group again, massive plexi-glass wall in front of the drums to protect his ears and all!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|