View Single Post
Old 10.04.2014, 08:02 PM   #46999
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
You've got the Mono!!!!!! Did you hear both albums or just one of them? Lucky bastard
I preordered it, it will likely arrive in two weeks. I think I'm going to cancel my holiday so that I can sleep under my mailbox all week long

that Pharmakon sleeve is hideous, even if I would like the music I still wouldn't buy it. What's the third and the fourth?

The third is the new Foxygen album. It's a fairly high-profile release, since their 2013 album really took off nationally. But while that record (titled “We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic,” and influenced heavily by “... Village Green..” era Kinks and early Stones) was extremely fun & catchy as hell with just enough originality to avoid sounding like Temples, or any of the '60s psych rock mimic acts whose existence is not musically justified by anything), this bloated new DOUBLE album finds them exploring the bloated, pockmarked '70s stadium rock sound. It kicks off with an overlong whimper and goes exactly nowhere from there.
But I've only heard it once from start to finish and I really should give it more time before cutting it to pieces.

The last album is by Field Report. It's titled “Marigolden,” and drops on TUES. It's definitely worth a listen.

This is just the tip of the iceberg too. I have the new IceAge, MF doom & Bishop Nehru's NehruvianDOOM, Ex-Hex, FlyLo and some more obscure releases... I'm going to be quite the busy little mothetfucker.

Don't write off Pharmakon. Yeah the art is awful, but few artists are making music like that anymore. Most of those that do receive much less fanfare than Pharmakon, so I kind of feel like the project has a serious future. I doubt your average Sacred Bones listener, hanging off The Men's collective cock, could make it through two tracks without throwing up on their penny loafers, but we're Sonic Youth fans. We can handle our noise rock.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|