View Single Post
Old 04.21.2010, 04:49 PM   #109
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Okay, so I just listened to that Receipt track, and I have to say that although I did enjoy it more than what I've heard from him on the radio (on every other track that comes on), I would never choose to purchase/listen to one of his cd's as opposed to something along the lines of The Chronic.

Waye's completely expendable if you ask me, and a complete bastard for keeping autotune overuse alive.
Once again, I wish him a crude, prison shank straight to the gut.

Conversely, of the acknowledged holy texts of classic hip-hop, the Chronic is probably the one I dig the least. I mean it's got some absolutely classic tunes on it, especially Fuck Wit Dre Day, but damn, as someone who came to it late, already being a decent sized hip-hop fan but knowing like NO west coast stuff, it strikes me as horrifically fucking dated and I don't know... just underwhelming some how. I keep trying and trying with it, but I always end up feeling that the albums just stuffed with filler (especially in the second half) and generally a bit weak, to the extent that I rarely manage to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Just can't seem to get it for some reason.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|