View Single Post
Old 10.23.2011, 08:05 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Everyone (by everyone I mean music critics and bloggers) talks about how Radiohead made this massive transition in the '90s, vastly evolving their sound and their genre with an album (OK Computer) that broke boundaries and broadened scopes. Radiohead is praised for how much they changed, how drastic their change was, and how successful the result turned out to be.
All this is true and Radiohead is great, but lately I've been having some issues with the notion that they're the closest thing we late-90's kids (if you were in high school when OKC came out- this means ou) will ever have to a Beatles. So i've been mulling it over a lot, and...

Red Medicine is just as drastic a shift in musical scope, and just as inventive and fresh a record as OK Computer was for Radiohead.

Fugazi *really did* break rules and stretch genres. I mean, I couldn't even really tell you what the fuck Red Medicine IS to this day! But I know it's fucking incredible, and that it + End Hits + Argument make Fugazi just as successful an act as Radiohead.... Better, if you wanna start comparing albums directly.

that's my thought for the moment. Basically just that Fugazi's awesome. Wish they were still together. One of the only truly unpredictable, and definitely one of the most consistently awesome (awesome without pause, actually) bands of my lifetime.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|