View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 09:09 PM   #4363
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Rereading this for the millionth time..I forgot how great Clive Barker novellas can be.. all moneyshot no dragging out in-depth character development. Now while normally I really dig Barker novels precisely because of their in-depth character development, lately I just don't have the attention span to finish 600 and 1200 page novels...

Mont Saint Michel and Chartres FREE DOWNLOAD PDF

This is one of the most deep, existential, and poetic books on religion I have ever read (and y'all know I have a lot of experience with theology texts and literature) which is insane considering ostensibly its an art critique!

Henry Adams so perfectly explains what piety and faith in the Virgin Mary meant not only to the 13th century, but really which still rings true among Mariologists today. Beautiful. A MUST READ even for the atheist, even if just to develop an empathy with the religious mind.

I originally found this book totally at random at a used book store for one dollar.. in hindsight it was a miracle, as this book has truly deepened my own experience and explanation of my faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What? Now you're putting the Wolfeman on hold for TV? That doesn't even make sense! There's TV time (1-2 hours a day max, during times of extreme boredom and luxury), and then there's reading time (as many hours as you can possibly fit into your life on any given day; absolute minimum 1, even if that means blowing off sex).

stop hating on TV yo! PBS can be just as fulfilling as reading when it is on point

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|