View Single Post
Old 06.09.2015, 09:39 AM   #38899
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
4:40 AM Monday morning I receive a text from my wife informing that our AC unit is making a strange sound. She goes outside to investigate and and the sound stops.

I arrive home three hours later and the AC is making a high pitched swirling sound, but never for more than 10-20 seconds at a time. I make a few adjustments to the unit and it stops. I wake up at 2:00 PM Monday and all is fine. By 4:00 PM, a longer lasting noise is back and I'm calling the AC guy.

The bearings in the fan motor are going out and he can replace it in the morning, but to fill free to go ahead and keep running the AC because the fan is still turning with no problems.

Around 10:00 PM last night I go out to let the dogs in and NOTHING......the fan isn't turning and I can hear a very low hum. We turn the unit off and spend the night with ceiling fans only......very reminiscent of spending the summer at my Grandparents, it really wasn't that bad at all.

My daughter and I left at 8:30 so I could drop her at dance recital practice and before I return home, the AC guy sends me a text saying the new motor as been installed......as I type, I can feel the house cooling down
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|