View Single Post
Old 07.01.2013, 09:12 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
@suchfriends: yr my boy, so you know I let shit slide. haha

Yeah I"m still a Korn fan no doubt.

--> Deftones. Love the Deftones. Did you hear their last album? Fucking amazing.

Hey. I still unashamedly have Life is Peachy AND self-titled on my iPod and on regular rotation with no apologies, which is why I am all the more bewildered at current fans than past fans like myself. As to deftones, OF COURSE I heard that last record, it was amazing. I in particular love how the deftones have managed to do what koRn couldn't, evolve and progress in their music without exactly losing their sound.

Though Koi No Yokan is much more classically deftones "wall of chords" aggressive. Steph said that chino had pushed the Diamond Eyes to be a bit more experimental, and after Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes he really just wanted to go back to playing some more classic deftones kind of guitar work (i.e. Stephen Carpenter kind of work, not the more experimental guitar work of the previous 2 records). I think they did manage that while still having a different sound, because I didn't bother to learn to play any songs from Diamond Eyes on my guitar, whereas I have absolutely absorbed Adrenaline, Around The Fur, White Pony, Self Titled, Saturday Night Wrist (I used these tunes to warm up, I can literally play every song from every one of these albums in exact order even..). There are a few tracks like Poltergeist, Romantic Dreams, Entombed, Goon Squad, and Tempest. Wait, I think I learned to play most of this album too!!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|