View Single Post
Old 01.25.2011, 12:35 AM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I am just amazed at how badly those bands hold up -- yeah, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden have always been boring, even 20 years ago, but NOW, they sound so dated, uninspired, downright sluggish and bland that it's ridiculous.

Even Nirvana's worst moments -- rape me, heart-haped box -- usually had SOMETHING interesting (like, I think HEART-SHAPED is boring as hell but for a big mainstream popular rock hit, it sure does sound damn ugly and "wrong" at times, doesn't it? That's kinda neat at least).

It's just insane to me that with the advances of musical technology and "wow, awezome FX dood!" and badass guitars and computers that write melodies for us, bands like BIG BLACK, MINUTEMEN, NAKED RAYGUN, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, etc still sound timeless and awesome. While newer bands are getting worse and worse. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden not only suck, they've inspired a whole mountain of suck.

As for KoRn, the guitar playing on Life is Peachy and s/t is inventive and a lot more interesting than most bands. The riffs in "Good God" are downright ugly and weird, and they're one of the most popular bands ever! Of all time! I guess when they say "Soundgarden-influenced", they mean "we only have one guitarist now so we can't have him trading those weird ass noises from speaker to speaker, so let's tune him to Drop-D, instead of Drop-C for this album and have him play some 'grungey riffz' instead of just the one-finger mud-sharp riffs he's been playing for the past 20 years."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|