View Single Post
Old 01.27.2017, 12:44 PM   #1964
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
"Guilty pleasure" would definitely apply to most Interpol, since they have been embarrassingly bad since 2003. But Turn on the Bright Lights speficially is more of a nostalgic pleasure. That was a genuinely good album. Not the best album of 2002 for fuck's sake, but good nonetheless.

I listened to it a lot in 2002 also. I remember thinking the climax of "PDA" was, like, everything I loved about music at the time. I was more taken by Trail of Dead that year — before THEY turned into an embarrassing shit-show — because Source Tags & Codes sounded almost like Daydream Nation-era Sonic Youth at times. Not so much that it felt like an overt ripoff (Interpol kinda did sound like an overt ripoff of Joy Division and several other bands), but enough that it psyched me up.

Too bad both bands turned out to be ... awful... after hype and fame hit. Like, really bad. Worse than Modest Mouse version 2.0.

nicely said. fuck, I forgot about Another Morning Stoner. one of my hymns of 2002. yeah they turned into something awful later.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|