Thread: Pavement
View Single Post
Old 01.24.2012, 07:31 PM   #106
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
I think in the grand scheme of things Pavement have more depth than SY, but that's just my opinion.

~Jeremy~

Depth? I don't think that's quite it. They're more dynamic, maybe. I mean, they have touched on a broader range of genres.

But actually that might not even be true... SY has done hardcore/post-hardcore/punk/noise/grunge/pop/experimental and even dipped their toes in electronica and jazz. I mean, look at SYR and the Mats Gustafsen collabo's.

Pavement was more colorful, let's put it that way. They had a brighter and crisper and more immediate sound. But I think that SY had more along the lines of actual "depth", but that's a subjective and hard to define term.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|