View Single Post
Old 11.09.2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yes, there will definitely be a huge integration with that site as well as the Live Recording Database -- I'm pretty excited, as I'm a huge, huge supporter (and collector) of live SY recordings, and when I created the site 10 years ago it took a considerable effort to locate and acquire shows, largely through the pre-digital tape trading days, and it would seem like only a few big collectors had EVERY show and you'd just selfishly/obviously wish there was a way to share it ALL with everyone without involving the post office... and a decade later, that's basically the reality we have with torrents. I have a ridiculous amount of live SY and I do actually try to listen to a fair portion of it, and I'm eternally grateful for those who share what they have, and only wish I had more stuff I could share (I generally fail at both recording and transferring tapes anyway, nothing is really worth hearing). So, the site will certainly reflect this in the future...

I still think the front page sucks.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|