View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 07:35 AM   #246
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I for one think that a 'humble album' makes sense. I'd hold faith in Rza's vision.

The beat on this track reminds me of old Wu. (The chorus sucks though).

But what I'm getting at is this: yeah they have all the $ they could need to make the biggest album they want. But y'know what Wu album I totally adore? The W. That album is amazing and part of it to me is that it sounds so low budget. Like, they had all this $ and fame and had done this sprawling big $$$ double album, and then it sounds like Rza just went back to analog and cheap gear on The W. There's imperfections all over the place. Weird mixing. It's awesome.

If something like that were made to celebrate 20 years of Wu, I'd be thrilled. Forming some kind of trilogy of Enter The Wu-Tang, The W, and this.

The Wayne stuff, so hope your'e right louder. C5 should be great. That sort of talent doesn't go away, but dude's been lazy.

Though I still contend there's tons to like on C4. Then again, I'm also the guy who says that if you cut about half the tracks off of IANAHB2 that you'd have a really good album - so who am I to say? Haha.