View Single Post
Old 04.21.2006, 10:02 AM   #30
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
I'm not crazy about the Fall..and i really tried to like them. They have a few good tracks here and there, but considering their output, i think they r overhyped as legends b/c they were around during a crucial time period for underground music.

Mark E Smith is almost completely non-musical to me compared to Malkmus.

Interesting. I think they're one of the few people who aren't overhyped... they've been together since the late 70's and, if you're into them, have done at least 20 very, very good LP's, and not very many dodgy ones. Their second most recent is widely regarded as one of their better ones, and the general quality of their output is, to most Fall fans minds, unsurpassed.

Malkmus is an all right musician, but the difference between the Fall and most bands is that it isn't really about one musician being great, it's quite the opposite - it's about a group, playing a song, with little to no indulgence from any of the members, and a lyricist who stands over and above most lyricists I can think of.

Sillly of me to debate it, you don't like it, I do... meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|