View Single Post
Old 12.13.2016, 11:28 AM   #3770
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I don;t know who this Bon Iver you refer to is.

Look out dude! Your ass is leaking words.

Quote:
BTW, before I started frequenting this thread I had not been up to date on modern hip hip in years and years. I thank all of you or turning me onto much of the shit I listed above.

You're welcome, but frankly by insisting on taking a superficial, trivial stance on Kanye, you're missing out on stuff that's worlds better than anything in your current rotation.

Quote:
BTW, NAS Illmatic was actually a DERIVATIVE album, with all his good ideas stolen from and by Prince Paul. whatyougottasayaboutthat??????? boring fucking album. always thought it was boring. Now, BLack Star? shit son, I spin that all day!!!!!

It wasn't supposed to be a "Sgt. Pepper" and nobody thinks it is. Illmatic wasn't breaking new ground for rap as much as it was upping the ante for what rap could be at the time. It's a distillation of NYC sounds. All of hip-hop is a bit of a scrapbooking project. Pieces cut from past and present to provide a guidebook for the future. Illmatic is the most New York City album of the era, and it helped steer the world away from amusical gangsta rap (which, let's be honest, was the hair metal of hip-hop, even if some good things came from it.)

Anyway, whatever.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|