Thread: Yuto Miyazawa
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2008, 10:34 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
CallmeTravis (53 minutes ago) 0 Reply
Hate to ruin the party, but that was sloppy at best. I know he's only 8, but he's been playing for 5 years. It's simply practice, and for 5 years of practice, it's not that great, and I don't care how old you are. Not that he couldn't be good in the future, he probably will be, simply because of the fact that he started when he was 3 and actually practices unlike many. I'm simply saying THIS is nothing special.

The above was written as a reply at one of the youtube links.
I do get what they are saying. But, for the sake of not going into a more lengthy discussion, the commenter is more wrong than they are right.

Yuto sings and plays at age eight. He's comfortable on stage. The two youtube links show that he plays the solos differently during the covers he's featuring. There are some really inspired moments in the May link and the "Crossroads" solo he played last night. Sure, my inner critic can hear where he starts to get ever-so-slightly off the track, but what he is able to do makes up for it. Like the commenter above opines it's obvious that the kid has practiced a lot for his years. But what's also obvious is that he's a real prodigy.

Oh well, I feel boring because I'd probably rather be writing a reply to Glice.
Hey Paul, I've been here and there a little bit. On a lot less lately.

Hope everyone had a good day.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|